Why this privacy statement?
We process your personal information for the benefit of our service. "Personal information" is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you and which we have in our possession or control.
We attach great importance to your privacy and we will therefore treat these personal details confidentially and carefully. Personal information is processed in accordance with the legal provisions such as the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as GDPR). We would like to further inform you about this in this privacy statement.
Applicability of privacy statement
This privacy statement provides information about the processing of personal information by or on behalf of Legadex B.V. and only applies to the use of your personal information.
Identity of Legadex B.V.
Legadex B.V. (“Legadex”) is controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation. This privacy statement provides information about the collection and processing of personal information by or on behalf of Legadex.
Legadex is registered at the Chamber of Commerce number 34303161. Legadex has its registered office address at Antonio Vivaldistraat 64, 1083 HP Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and can be reached on the email address: email@example.com or by telephone +31 (0) 20 8208396.
What information do we collect and where do we get it from
We will collect and process the following personal information about you:
Information that you provide to us
We will process personal information that you give to us including when you email us or contact us through various channels as follows:
- Signing up for services on our Site: when you sign up for newsletters, webinars, events or obtain legal services from us or when you contact us with queries or respond to our communications, the personal information you provide may include your full name, title, telephone number, email address and content, date and time of your email correspondence and information about your employer or your business.
- In connection with our provision of legal services: if you are a client of Legadex you will provide us with personal information when you or the company you represent becomes a client. If you are not a client we may collect or receive your personal information because you are involved in one of our client’s matters.
- Recruitment application: when you apply for a role with us you may provide us with your full name, date of birth, nationality, education and qualification details, your gender, your CV, photograph, passport details, marital status, home address and home telephone number, mobile telephone number and other details set out in your application.
Information we otherwise collect about you
Information we obtain from other sources
- If you apply for a position with us we may collect personal information relating to past employment, qualifications and education, opinions from third parties about you, past employment history and other details about you, which will be provided to us by a third party that provides background screening services to us.
- If we collect or receive your personal information in the context of our provision of legal services we might receive information from third parties such as your employer, other parties relevant to the services we are providing (e.g. counterparties in transactions) and others such as regulators and authorities. That information could include your name, contact details, employment details and other information relevant to the legal services that we are providing to our client.
For what purposes do we collect your personal data?
We may do the following with your personal information:
- use it to provide legal services to the relevant client
- use it to engage in marketing and business development activity in relation to our legal services. This may include sending you newsletters, legal updates, marketing communications and other information that may be of interest to you
- where you have applied for a position with us, to review and process your job application
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge
- use it to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings
- record and monitor your use of our website or our other online services for our business purposes which may include analysis of usage, measurement of site performance and generation of marketing reports
- use it for our legitimate business interests, such as undertaking business research and analysis, managing the operation of our website and our business
- use it to look into any complaints or queries you may have, and
- use it to prevent and respond to actual or potential fraud or illegal activities.
How we share information with third parties
We may share your personal information outside Legadex. This may include:
- Third party agents/suppliers or contractors, bound by obligations of confidentiality, in connection with the processing of your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy. This may include, but is not limited to, IT and communications service providers.
- Third parties relevant to the legal services that we provide. This may include, but is not limited to, counterparties to transactions or litigation, other professional service providers, regulators, authorities, governmental institutions and stock exchanges.
To the extent required by law, regulation or court order, for example, if we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
What cookies do we place (Cooky Policy)?
- the IP address of the visitor;
- the date and time of the visit;
- the URL of the referring site (the site from which the visitor originates);
- the pages visited on our website;
- information about the browser used (type and version, operating system, etc.).
We use technical information and cookies to facilitate your visit on the website and to optimise the performance and user experience of the website. Cookies can be placed both by Legadex itself and by other parties with whom Legadex cooperates. Below is an overview of the types of cookies that are placed through the Legadex website:
Legadex places cookies that are necessary for the website to function properly and to provide a requested service. These cookies are used to save certain user and preferred settings, to save any log in data and to optimise the user-friendliness of the website.
Legadex uses analytical cookies, such as the Google Analytics cookies, which collect information about the use of the website. These capture, among other things, the number of website visitors, the visited pages and the duration of their stay. The collected data is used to improve the service and optimise the content of the website to the wishes and needs of the users.
Tracking or advertising cookies
Tracking cookies are cookies that collect data about the (internet) behaviour of the website user. These tracking cookies are used to enable the user to make optimal use of our website. For example, these cookies are used to record information about the visit so that relevant information can be used for the convenience of the user on a subsequent visit, for example by filling in forms or offering ads that match the (search) profile of the user.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features and services on our and other websites may not function properly if cookies are disabled in your browser.
Keeping your information and information secure
How long we hold your personal information for will vary and will depend principally on:
- the purpose for which we are using your personal information - we will need to keep the information for as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose, but no longer than that, and
- legal obligations - laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your personal information.
Grounds for using your personal information
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information, namely:
- Consent - we may (but usually do not) need your consent to use your personal information. You can withdraw your consent by contacting us (see below).
- Performance of a contract - we may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you or to perform our obligations under a contract with you.
- Legitimate interest - we may use your personal information for our legitimate interests.
- Compliance with law or regulation - we may use your personal information as necessary to comply with applicable law/regulation.
What are your rights
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you and you can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out below.
These rights include:
- Obtaining information regarding the processing of your personal information and access to the personal information which we hold about you.
- Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to refuse requests for access to copies of personal information in relation to services that we provide to our clients and as authorized by our clients.
- Requesting that we correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Requesting that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal information but we are legally entitled or obliged to retain it.
- Objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. There may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your personal information but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
- Withdrawing your consent, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without your consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
- Lodging a complaint with the relevant data protection authority, if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
- You can object to the use of certain data by Legadex, or request your data for inspection, correction and/or removal of your (personal) data in writing to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Legadex will respond to your request as quickly as possible.
How do we secure your personal data?
Legadex takes the protection of personal data very seriously and takes appropriate physical, administrative, organisational and technical measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification.
Should you still have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, or if you would like more information about the security of your personal data, please contact Legadex on email@example.com.