To expand the teams at our Amsterdam Office, Legadex is looking to recruit a
Legal Operations Consultant – Corporate and M&A
with good communication and consultancy skills. The role involves providing project-based (and some permanent) operational support to large and medium-sized businesses and investment firms at the interface of operational processes, legal services and legal tech. The Legal Ops Consultant will join the Legadex Corporate and M&A teams and will work closely with team members, from beginners to experienced support lawyers and with the Corporate and M&A team leads. Based on the requirements of each project, we put together a team that combines a range of disciplines and experience. In many cases, you will be an active working leader of the team. There will also be projects that are led by others in view of their specific experience or expertise; in these cases, you will join as a member of the team. You will report to the Operational Director of Legadex Amsterdam.
- Devising, designing and, as a member of a team, implementing the appropriate information management systems for the client, both on and off-site, for proposed business sale and other transactions, based on an intake DD questionnaire, Legadex working methods and know-how, coordinating and setting up the appropriate sources and requesting information from the client’s Business, Finance, Legal and IT functions, using collaborative platforms and software where this is useful.
- Setting up, devising and configuring VDR (HighQ or one of the other VDR platforms).
- Carrying out a pre-level and high-level due diligence of the content of the datasets/VDR using AI software (TAR); compiling and coordinating DD and other reports.
- Providing legal operational consultancy support to help improve the legal services of corporate legal departments. This includes analysing, developing and optimising corporate work processes in such areas as contract lifecycle management, corporate housekeeping and compliance-driven projects such as Privacy/GDPR.
- Working on these activities in multidisciplinary project teams consisting of a mix of team members from the client and Legadex.
- Supervising and carrying out reviews of documentation for major legal and operational projects and compliance/audit processes.
- Advising on the use and configuration of software tools with team leads and team members.
- Training and supervising corporate legal teams (paralegals, data analysts and lawyers) in process optimisation, use of software and its practical applications.
Your work in your disciplines will involve
- Working in close cooperation with the client’s Legal, Finance and M&A teams and the relevant consultants.
- Coordinating and planning the use of project and other team members.
- Structuring and classifying datasets (using software).
- Using and developing queries, work processes and reports/visualisations to create automatable reports.
- Working together with our software partners and will also play a role in shaping the collaboration with partners.
- Overseeing and coordinating own projects and supervising team members.
- As project lead, acting as the first point of contact and the go-to discussion partner for the client.
Depending on specific knowledge and interest, you will take part in a number of expertise groups within Legadex focusing on new software and work processes and project management, and you will contribute to events and roundtables that Legadex organises throughout the year as a thought leader for General Counsels, Legal Ops professionals, paralegals and legal and other professionals at banks and investment firms.
Required skills/personal features
- Excellent communication skills; you are comfortable with highly diverse types of people and show great cultural adaptability (our client base comprises a very wide diversity of mainly international organisations).
- Interest in legal tech and other technology and their practical applications now and in the future.
- Flexibility to take on different roles, from being in the lead to supporting the team.
- A positive attitude with a focus on solutions.
- Ability to act as a high-level discussion partner (internal and external) with a desire and willingness to continue growing in this area.
- Excellent project management skills and the desire and ambition to continue developing in this area and to help train junior and other colleagues.
- Excellent oral and written skills, as a minimum in Dutch and English.
- Innovative and creative.
- You enjoy building and maintaining long-term business relationships.
- You are keen to develop and are willing to invest the necessary time in your development, both on the job and by following courses, naturally with the support of your colleagues and our organisation.
- An operational consultancy role involving both theory and practice.
- A role in which you combine a diversity of projects with a focus on deliverables.
- A role with a pioneer in the Netherlands in Legal Operations for corporations and consultancies.
- A role in which you will have your own responsibilities in addition to working as a member of a team with driven and supportive team members.
- A position at the heart of what matters to the development of the legal market, i.e. the combination of people, processes and technology.
- Substantial growth opportunities as a consultant, as a discussion partner for leading corporations and as a project manager.
- Play and work – Work and play!
- An excellent, balanced pay and benefits package.
If this role and the opportunities it offers to shape the future of legal services appeals to you, please send your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your suitability for this vacancy, you are also welcome to contact Hans-Martijn Roos (+31 (0)6 31003580) or Christine Hagens (+31 (0)6 52626137).